Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

We have success!

So my son is know totally excited to be VEGAN! before he was eating mostly organic and vegetarian but not gluten free or vegan. We had read the book "why we don't eat animals." My son is quite the sensitive one and he decided he didn't want to eat animals or things that came from them. So yesterday we went to the store and bought some groceries he picked out a few favourite recipes from my vegan book that he wanted to try. we are so excited to both be vegan for our health and for our eco-system. Now if only I can get him to give up gluten and convince my mom to jump on the band wagon. My mom is a definite meat eater which is fine but I think less is more. So we've found a local buffalo farm. they're humane and small. they do not over produce and ship all over. It's a great farm. they also have free range fresh chicken eggs that my mom loves. I feel like as long as you're eating meat and you know where you're getting your meat from, you're fine. I think blindly buying at the grocery store isn't as good but I guess that's just our culture to ignore what is bad. I really think you'll all enjoy these books I have that have great kid-friendly vegan recipes:
Vegan Lunch Box by Jennifer McCann
Vegan Lunch Box Around the World by Jennifer McCann
the Get Healthy Go Vegan cookbook by Neal Barnard, MD & Robyn Webb
Student's Go Vegan Cookbook by Carole Raymond
Eat this not that Supermarket guide by David Zinczenko (the guide to organics and produce is great)

No comments:

Post a Comment